This brief summary of my background is designed to assist you in your decision to hire a lawyer. The hiring of a lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely upon advertisements. I will be very pleased to share more details, in person, by mail, facsimile, email or website upon your request.
- Over 3o total years experience in Criminal Law.
- More than 8 years in Sarasota Law Enforcement.
- Over 100 jury trials - 90% favorable outcome.
- Many cases were major crimes.
Includes First Degree Murder, Capital Sex Battery, Robbery, Racketeering, Bribery & Corruption; Drug Trafficking, Manslaughter. etc.
Many cases were very high profile or notorious Elected Officials, Movie Stars, Athletes, Police Officers, Attorneys, Doctors, State Officials
- Litigated many complex statewide DUI motions.
- Personally litigated thousands of cases.
- Supervised over a million prosecution cases.
- Appeared before every judge in 12th Circuit.
Mentored nearly 200 young Lawyers locally 6 are now Local Judges; 8 are now State Attorney Division Chiefs; 7 who were Division Chief colleagues are also now Local Judges.
- Over 50 continuing Legal Education Courses.
- Taught thousands of Police Officers & Lawyers.
- Awarded Prosecutor of the Year Award, MADD.
- Twice awarded Distinguished Faculty FPAA.
- Served on Statewide DUI Task Force 14 years.
- Governors Domestic Violence Task Force 5 yrs.
- Helped draft several legislative bills.
- Florida Alcohol Breath Test Rules Committee 13 years.
- As patrol officer made hundreds of DUI arrests.
- Former Homicide Detective, Sarasota Sheriff.
- Two time winner Mock Trial Competitions.
- A.S. Degree M.C.C.
- A.A. Degree M.C.C.
- B.S. Degree U.S.F.
- Juris Doctorate Degree Oral Roberts University.
- Very successful results as Criminal Defense Attorney.